15 Minute Spaghetti Carbonara
This is one of my favourite quick and easy meals that is super tasty and filling!
- Pop the oil into a pan and heat it up, when the oil is hot drop in the onions, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until onions are soft
- Boil the kettle and put in a pan and put the pan on the heat for the spaghetti to boil, pop the spaghetti in and cook until soft.
- Pop the bacon cuttings into the pot with the onions and fry it for 4-5 minutes until cooked then add ¾ of the parsley and stir.
- Boil the kettle again to make up stock, make the ham stock up, if using fresh stock then reheat this in a separate pan.
- Pop the cream cheese into the pan with the onions and bacon and stir, this will melt so keep stirring it.
- Add in the ham stock to the cream cheese and stir thoroughly and keep on the heat for a further 5 minutes, then mix the sauce through the drained pasta and serve with the remaining ¼ of parsley as a garnish. If you prefer a thicker sauce, then keep the sauce in the pan and keep it on the heat for a further 7-10 minutes and keep stirring and it will reduce.
Best served hot with garlic bread and a side salad!